The Directorate of Information and public Relation is the sole and main publicity organ of Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is mandated primarily with the publicity of the Provincial Government through Print & Electronic media with the aim to educate and inform the general public about Government initiatives/activities/policies undertaken for the public welfare in addition to build/promote a soft image of the Provincial government and the Province. Established in 1946, the Directorate of Information has been catering to the media publicity needs of the provincial Government with a dedicated and professional team of Officers/Officials. It carries out its operation round the clock and regularly feed the media with Press Release, Handouts, Photographs, Video footages, articles and advertisement etc. The Directorate acts as a bridge between the Government and the Public, and through a proper mechanism of media monitoring/feedback apprises the Government of the issues/problems faced by the general public in order to get them redressed well in time. Besides, the Directorate is tasked with the implementation/enforcement of law/rules of the provincial Government with regard to register and regulate Newspapers, books, magazines, news agencies and printing press etc. it also carries out various activities for the freedom of media and welfare of Journalists community in the Province.
Inform citizens through factual and broad based projections of socio economic political and religious affairs of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and bridge the gap between Government and general masses in the Print & Electronic media. Establishing an adequate institutional framework for protecting and promoting language, art and culture of the province. Encouraging and inculcating commitment in the youth of the province for national solidarity within the ideological framework of Pakistan.
- Publicity of the government.
- To act as a bridge between the government & public
- Issuance of advertisements to the newspapers/ magazines.
- Journalistic affairs.
- Management of newspapers, books, magazines, printing presses etc under the law.
- Regulating Motion Pictures under the law.
- Production and distribution of films and documentaries of general interests with the consultation of the departments concerned.
- Broadcasting and Telecasting.
Sections of the Directorate
- Press Information Section
- ITLA’A Cell
- Advertisement Section
- Film Section
- Press Branch Section
- Establishment & Administration Section
- Accounts & Budget Section